The U.S. Department of War has released the second batch of declassified Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) records under its Presidential Unsealing and Reporting System for UAP Encounters (PURSUE). The files have been published on WAR.GOV/UFO, continuing a rolling disclosure effort that began earlier this month.
Officials said the release includes historical documents and video material gathered from military branches, federal agencies, and civilian reports. The aim, as per a release by the department, is to increase public access to unresolved aerial sightings that were previously classified or only partially documented.
The archive adds to the first wave of disclosures, expanding what the government describes as one of the most comprehensive UAP transparency efforts in U.S. history. The Pentagon said the materials span decades of sightings and investigations, ranging from infrared footage to interview transcripts and mission logs.
Since the platform went live on May 8, 2026, officials said WAR.GOV/UFO has recorded over 1 billion hits worldwide, reflecting intense global attention on the subject. The department said additional files will continue to be released in phases as review processes are completed.
Signals without answers
The second release features around 50 new videos and documents, including first-hand accounts from military personnel and civilians describing unexplained aerial activity. The Pentagon emphasized that none of the material provides confirmation of extraterrestrial origin or advanced non-human technology.
One video from a 2019 operation in the Middle East shows multiple unidentified objects captured by an infrared sensor. In a related FBI interview describing a separate encounter, a witness said, “The object was visible for five to ten seconds and then the light went out and the object vanished.”
Officials said such reports remain unresolved due to limited data quality and incomplete tracking information, a recurring challenge in earlier investigations as well.
Frozen frames in space
Several newly released records also revisit NASA’s Apollo-era missions. One transcript captures astronauts describing unusual visual phenomena during orbital maneuvers. A mission communication states, “Now we’ve got a few very bright particles or fragments or something that go drifting by as we maneuver.”
The archive includes photographs from lunar missions, including an Apollo 17 image showing clustered bright points above the Moon’s surface. Officials said there is no consensus on the nature of these anomalies, and preliminary assessments have not confirmed any definitive explanation.
Other newly released footage shows unidentified objects over different global regions, including formation flying patterns near maritime zones and high-speed movement captured over conflict regions such as Syria.
The Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office has reiterated that it has found no evidence linking any recorded UAP to alien activity. Most cases, it said, remain unexplained due to insufficient sensor data or incomplete observational records.
Congress first directed expanded UAP transparency in 2022, pushing federal agencies to consolidate and release historical sightings. A third batch of files is expected in the coming months as review efforts continue.
The Department of War said the ongoing releases are intended to allow the public to evaluate the material independently while investigations remain ongoing.
